Common problems and fixes for the SumUp terminal
We strongly recommend subscribing to the SumUp status page. You can configure it to receive emails or texts whenever a widespread incident is reported and be updated automatically when a fix is released!
- Refunds can't be made through SumUp from the Goodtill POS:
This is something that has to be set up from the backoffice. You can do this by going to Apps > SumUp > select Connect SumUp. It will ask you to login to your SumUp account, so be sure to have your SumUp login details handy.
- The Goodtill POS can't find the SumUp terminal
- Please first check that the Bluetooth settings on the iPad itself are turned on.
- Please also ensure that the Goodtill POS app has permission to access Bluetooth. To check this go to the Settings on your iPad > Privacy > Bluetooth > Enable for Goodtill POS.
- Ensure the SumUp device is fully charged - low battery can affect the connectivity.
- Reset the reader by following the steps here
- You have a message advising "device blocked"
- This means that the card reader has been blocked, likely due to an external force hitting the reader and triggering an anti-tampering mechanism. You will need to contact the SumUp card reader support team (not the POS support team) to get a new card reader.
- More information on this can be found here: Device Blocked
- You want to turn off the "Payment Link" option
- Go to the cog at the top right > Settings > Payment Settings
- Go to "Checkout Preferences" under SumUp
- Disable the payment link option
For more information on the SumUp air reader please visit the page here.