Goodtill provides a WooCommerce plugin for syncing products and stock levels with Goodtill.
This feature requires the E-commerce module, contact firstname.lastname@example.org to add this module to your account.
Import products into Goodtill from WooCommerce
If you have an existing Woocommerce store containing products, the plugin can export a CSV of all products which can then be imported in the Goodtill back office, making them ready for sale on the POS.
Import products into WooCommerce from Goodtill
If you are creating a new WooCommerce store, the plugin allows directly importing all Goodtill products, or a subsection of products, into WooCommerce ready for sale on your online store.
This plugin allows syncing the stock levels between Goodtill and WooCommerce, using Goodtill as the “master” source of stock values, which are then copied over to WooCommerce.
Products are matched between the two systems via their SKUs, therefore each product and its variants must have a unique SKU.
Stock levels will be in the following cases:
- The stock values for all published products will be fetched from Goodtill and updated in WooCommerce at a set interval (by default, every hour).
- When an order is placed in WooCommerce, the stock will immediately be decremented in Goodtill. The reverse is true in the case of a return or order cancellation.
When stock syncing from Goodtill is active, any changes to stock level within the WooCommerce inventory interface will not be synced back to the Goodtill back office. The Goodtill back office should be used to manage the stock quantity instead.
Not compatible with ingredient stock
Stock sync cannot be used with products using ingredient stock as these products do not have a stock level.
Not compatible with take stock from parent
Variable products utilising the “take stock from parent” feature cannot be used with the integration as-is. Please contact support regarding how this can be implemented.
Please note: Any changes to stock level within the WooCommerce inventory interface will not be synced back to the Goodtill back office. The Goodtill back office should be used to manage the stock quantity instead.
Download from the WordPress plugin repository.
A document containing technical information can be found here.
What do I need to get started?
- A Goodtill account with the E-commerce module enabled.
- Your Goodtill back office login details for either the store owner user or any user with Admin privileges
- A WooCommerce store (running a recent version of WooCommerce, WordPress and PHP).
- Administrator access to your WooCommerce store in order to install the plugin.
Does the plugin support products with variants and attributes?
Yes, products with variants containing up to 3 attributes are supported.
Why are some product details not copied on import?
This may be because:
- The field does not exist in both Woocommerce and The Goodtill
- The field in Woocommerce is provided by a third party plugin that is not supported
The system integrator documentation includes a list of all supported fields.
How can I choose which product category is used when importing in to the Goodtill?
A “Primary category” can be set using the Yoast SEO plugin, this category will be used during export if it is set.
Can I set different product details in the two systems?
Yes, after the products have been imported from one system to the other, only the stock quantities are synced. This allows you to change prices, images etc in either system without affecting the other.
How does stock syncing affect the Woocommerce out of stock state?
Woocommerce will mark the product OOS if either:
- “Track inventory” is disabled in the Goodtill and “Stock status” is set to “Out of stock” in Woocommerce.
- “Track inventory” is enabled and “Stock quantity” is 0 or below in the Goodtill.
Note: you will still be able to make sales on an iPad while the “Stock quantity” is 0 or below.
How do I know if my products stock levels are syncing?
When the plugin is active a new “Goodtill” tab is added to the Woocommerce product edit pane. This will display the last date when a product’s stock was synced and the reason for the last sync (either due to being viewed by a user or a background update). This pane will also provide links for viewing the product in Goodtill backoffice interface if the product was imported from the Goodtill.
Why might my products stock levels not sync?
- The product may share its SKU with another product or one of its variants
- The SKUs may be different in the Goodtill and Woocommerce
- “Track Inventory” may be disabled in the Goodtill. It is important to check the variants in variable products.
- The stock level may have already been synced within the last few minutes. By default the stock levels won’t sync more than once every 3 minutes (configurable down to 1 minute in the plugin settings).
After setup, where should I add new products?
After the plugin in setup, new products can be added in either system, then imported to the other system. We would suggest adding new products in the Goodtill because the import process is easier.
Can I disable the plugin after importing/exporting products?
The plugin can safely be disabled at any time if you do not need the stock syncing functionality.
Who can access the Goodtill menus in WordPress Admin?
Both Shop managers (“manage_woocommerce” role) and Administrators (“manage_options” role) can access the “Goodtill Stock Sync” Woocommerce menu in order to import/export products.
Only Administrators can access the settings page where The Goodtill credentials are entered along with tax class mappings and sync settings.