SumUp POS’s Planday integration sends the outlet’s revenue (net sales total) to a Planday revenue unit every hour.
We suggest configuring a “SumUp POS” or “EPOS” Revenue Unit in each Planday department which links to a SumUp POS outlet to make it easy to identify which revenue has originated from SumUp POS.
Each SumUp POS outlet can be configured for a specific Planday account, allowing different outlets to report the revenue to different Planday accounts if needed.
In order for SumUp POS to send the data to Planday, you will need to create an API access app in Planday:
- Click on Settings in the top menu bar
- In the sidebar, click Integrations > API access
- Click “Create App”
- Enter a title such as “SumUp POS” and select the following permissions:
- Department – Read
- Revenue – Read and Create
- Click Save
- Click Authorize and accept when prompted
You should now seen an entry like this.
Departments and Revenue Units
You will first need to give each of your departments a unique department number from the People > Departments menu and note them down.
Secondly you’ll need to create and note down the names of the Revenue Units that you’ll want to send the revenue to from the Settings > Reports > Revenue page.
Setup in SumUp POS
- Select the department you would like to config using the “Change store” button.
- Go to the Apps entry in the sidebar and click on the Planday icon.
- On the configuration page, enter the App ID and token from the first step, then enter the Department number and Revenue Unit name for the revenue unit that the revenue should be sent to.
- Repeat the process for any other outlets that you want to connect.
When the integration is active, SumUp POS will attempt to send the outlet’s revenue to Planday every hour and at the end of each day. Data sent by SumUp POS will be rejected by Planday if there are no shifts scheduled for the current day. You can check if shifts are scheduled by navigating to the Schedule tab in Planday.
In the following screenshot, no shifts are set for the current week, therefore SumUp POS will not be able to send any revenue data.