Goodtill’s Mailcimp integration syncs your Goodtill customer list with a Mailchimp marketing list. Customer names and email addresses will be synced to your chosen list if the customer is active and has opted-in to receive marketing material. Customers will be unsubscribed from the list if they become inactive, opt out of marketing or delete their Goodtill account via a GDPR request.
To enable the integration you will need an API key and an existing Mailchimp list:
- Visit the dropdown in the top right, then “Account” option.
- Go to the “Extras” dropdown, then “API keys” option.
- Click “Create a Key”.
- Copy the newly created key from the table.
- Go to the Goodtill Mailchimp integration page.
- Set the API key created in Mailchimp and enter the name of the Mailchimp list where the Goodtill customers should be added.
The are a few reasons why new POS customers wont be synced to Mailchimp:
- Mailchimp believes the email is not real (eg just conists of random characters).
- The selected Mailchimp list has required merge fields that we do not populate (anything other than |NAME|).
- The customer has not opted in to email marketing in Goodtill.
- The customer was previously subscribed to this list but has unsubscribed.